Oh wow, my first tag. That’s so cool! Thank you, Yana from b00ksforinfinity for tagging me!
Here goes 🙂
1. Where do you read?
Ok, so this might be very obvious, but I read mostly on my bed and sometimes on the couch. And when I’m not home I always carry a paperback or my kindle with me so I don’t have to socialise. I can read on the bus, for a short while on the car, in the supermarket, restaurants. Basically anywhere I can go, I can read.
2. What’s your favourite fantasy novel/series?
This is difficult because I mainly read YA fantasy and I absolutely love them. My favorites have to be The Infernal Devices, ACOTAR and the Throne of Glass series.
3. How many books have you read this year so far?
I don’t actually keep track of what I read and constantly struggle to update my goodreads reading challenge, but I guess about 60 something? I’m also including all the random ebooks too.
4. What’s the highest amount of books you ever read in a month? And in a year?
So the summer of last year I basically holed up in my room with my kindle and read about 50 or so ebooks. I honestly can’t remember all of them, they were all mixed. There was YA, NA, YA Fantasy, YA Dystopia. TBH if you name it, I’ve probably read it.
5. Tell us your comfort food.
Egg rolls from Chili’s.
6. Your favourite booktuber? Or just youtuber in general?
This may come as a shock, but I don’t generally watch booktube. One booktuber that I do occasionally watch is BenjaminofTomes. I love his videos. One of my new favourites is Jadeyraereads and I’ve binge watched all the videos she’s put out. I’m definitely going to be checking out videos of smaller booktubers soon. My favourite youtubers would have to be Liza Koshy, The Gabbie Show, Shane Dawson, Jenna Marbles and Lilly Singh.
7. Hardcovers or paperbacks?
I think the only reason I like hardbacks is because of the aesthetic and durability. Otherwise I’d pick paperback because they’re cheaper and I’m perpetually broke when it comes to books. They’re also easy to carry around and as I mentioned, I take a book with me everywhere I go. Also, hardcovers are super expensive here and also a pain to carry around unless they’re thin.
8. Fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction, for sure.
9. Would you go to your favourite fictional world but on one condition that is you can never return?
Wow, that’s a tough one. I probably would stay in this world because
- I’d most probably die there
- I really want to go to college, have a job, all of that. I really do. I want that experience more than I want to live in a fictional world.
10. How did you get into reading?
Believe it or not, as a kid I’d only eat so long as there was a picture book in front of me. If there was a book, my parents could rest assured that I wouldn’t even realise I was eating my food without a fuss. I read picture books as a baby, graduated to middle grade books like Nancy Drew, and Enid Blyton’s works in 2nd grade, and then finally to YA in 7th grade. So I’ve been reading pretty much my entire life. In kindergarten, I could read fluently in English, and to help me overcome my fear of public speaking and general shyness, my mom would put up small prizes up for grabs if I read out ladybug books to the entire class during storytime.
11. Purchasing from bookshops or online book shopping?
Definitely online book shopping. Because it’s cheaper and I’m way too lazy to go to an actual bookstore, despite the blog name 😛
And that’s it! I tag
Tifanny from Books Before Looks
Anwesha from Living In The Pages
Amanda from My Patronus Is A Coffee
Rachel from Let’s Talk Books
Kayla from Just A Book Freak
Your questions are:
- Your favourite place to read?
- Most owned author?
- One bookish fact about you?
- An unpopular opinion?
- If you could swap lives with a fictional character for a day, who would it be and why?
- If you were to rule a kingdom, which fictional character would be by your side?
- Quick: the first book that comes to your mind.
- Favorite genre and why?
- What are some of your bookish habits?
- Some of your bookish pet peeves?
- How do you beat a reading slump?
Have fun doing the tag!