Hey guys! For those of you who don’t follow me on Instagram or haven’t seen the post I put up a couple of hours ago, I’m hosting a readalong along with Alja from @alyaofwinterfell over on Instagram (with discussions on Goodreads) of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff, a book that seems to be on a lot of people’s TBR, just waiting to be read. So December seemed like the best time to cosy up with a mug of hot chocolate, blankets, and an epic fantasy. Escapism, am I right?
So, without further ado, here are the details!
- It begins on 1st December and goes on until 21st, lasting 3 weeks.
- Each week, we read 12 chapters and have the discussion on weekends, in a Goodreads group.
- Week 1 from 1st to 7th: Chapters 1 to 12 (till pg. 148 of the UK edition), discussion on 10th and 11th.
- Week 2 from 7th to 14th: Chapters 13 to 24 (till Pg. 279 of the UK edition), discussion on 17th and 18th
- Week 3 from 14th to 21st: Chapters 25 to 36 (till Pg. 427 of the UK edition), discussion on 21st and 22nd. I’m sorry this isn’t on the weekend as it couldn’t fit into the schedule and we weren’t keen on dragging this out because people would be busy during the holiday season. But like I’m going to say in the next few points, you can join in anytime.
- If you’re on Instagram, use #nevernightdecember to tag your photos with reading updates if you want!
- Good thing about the Goodreads group is, you can chime in with your thoughts etc any time. For example, if you’ve only read until chapter 9 in the first week, you can join in on the conversation later once you’ve finished until chapter 12, there’ll be separate sections in the group, one for chapter 1-12, another for 13-24 and the third for 25-36. You can also join in anytime you want but beware of spoilers, and make sure you’re in the right section if you’re behind on the schedule 🙂
- If you’re behind or ahead of schedule, that’s completely fine! You can still participate in the chat anytime and we’ll be getting notifications, so we can all talk about it whenever!
- If you’re short on time, or already have a packed schedule, be sure to put your priorities ahead of you and you can always come back later to talk to me or Alja about this book!
- Above all, have fun! We’ll also be having a quiz towards the end on Goodreads to make it more interactive.
That’s all! If you have any questions, leave a comment, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send me a DM on Instagram!
Below is a calendar if you’re particular 🙂